Subject: Re: New AMOS type language for the future
From: Nikola Smolenski <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 12:51:50 +0100

On 05-Mar-97, Maarten D. de Jong wrote:
>> >> I have been thinking about why amos is so popular, and I think it is
>mostly
>> >> because it have such good editor. I can only dreaming about working in C
>> >with
>> >> such editor :( So, I think that your lang sould have very very similar
>> >editor,
>> >> or better.

>The only thing which makes this piece of software ticking is its IDE. A

What is IDE?

>stand-alone AMOS editor would not hold a candle to the light of GoldED
>or Amis. Or the other editors available for the Amiga. (Even sed, the

Well, I agree, Amos editor realy have some stupidities in it's basics. 
GoldED is fine, but eats memory like hell! AFAIK, it has at least some
sort of spell-checking, and indenting, and folding, but... I didn't
succeed even to try all that.

>SAS/C-editor).

But, for sed, I wouldn't agree... ;))

>> >..hey...  emacs is the best editor available..  but then again, the
>> >completely integrated amos environment is really quite good.
>> 
>> Emacs? Could it fold procedures or indent the code?

>I think he is talking about the _complete_ Emacs, not the C=-version. The
>real Emacs can do all this and more.  

Oh, well, OK then.

>But discussing editors is practically a forbidden subject -- let everyone
>decide for him or herself which editor suits best.

Why not? After trying MeMacs, I wouldn't even look at Emacs without bag of
DEMs, or without his advice :)

-- 
_        _  _         _  _          _                                   _
\--- :_ :_ :_::- --: : ::_) _: --- \/ ----------------------------------/
\\_: !_)!_,! !!_,  !,!_!! \(_! ::::..::::      nEVERmIND     :::'`::::_//
`\------------------------------------------------------------- /\ ----/'
  Nikola Smolenski - member of Team AMIGA             [email-masked]

 * *** NOVI SAAAAAAAAAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *** *